Friday, March 20, 2009

Canyon's 7th Birthday




























Here I am back again, and no.... it has NOT been a month since I last wrote ( for those of you who are bettin' people.) I've been anxiously awaiting for some excitement to happen so that I could have something to say. That sounds really pathetic, doesn't it? Our lives are GREAT!!! Here is some of the latest.
Canyon is now my big 7 year old. I can't believe he's growing up. He didn't ask me. Sometimes I wish I could push the pause button. He decided to have a Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy party. We painted moustaches on 9 little boys with face paint, we decorated cowboy hats with western stickers, we played pin the moustache on Canyon's "WANTED" poster, we played pass the rasttlesnake (a version of hot potato), and he got all of his "Texas toys" to put on top of his cake. We could hardly see the cake for all the toys on top. Canyon decided to "invite" Ellie (his elephant) and he even made him a personalized cowboy hat. So cute. The wranglers left with a bandana full of a deck of cards, a toy horse, a toy snake, a harmonica, some golden coins, and some rattlesnake eggs (bubblegum eggs). They had a blast and so did mom planning and hosting the whole shin-dig. Here are some darling photos of the event. As much as it breaks my heart for my little boy to grow up, it is so fun to see him experience every little stage of his life. He might be done with his darling 6 year old experiences, but hold on 7... here he comes! I LOVE being this little boy's mother. I count it one of my biggest blessings in life. It has been such a pleasure to be a spectator and a participant in his grand little life. His such a mighty, mighty, little boy and a bundle of energy and wisdom and curiosity. He teaches me lessons everyday. We are so thankful for such a wonderful little boy in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. My little cowboy cousin is 7! Oh man! He sure is a cutie though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! You are such a creative, patient, loving mommy and wife! I always want to be better whenever I am around your family. What a blessing you are to my life Aunt Karen. I miss you guys so much. I know we never saw each other a ton, but being away from home you realize what you took for granted. Thanks for the great advice on living every moment to the fullest! I will try to remember that because I can tend to get tired and busy a lot out here. I'm so glad all is well with your family! Tell them all hi from us. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete